Check out my LinkedIn Page.
Experienced technologist with experience in software defined everything, code/content and enterprise solutions. Current focus is on learning, leveraging and implementing AI solutions. Roles held in management, architecture, solution architecture, product evaluation, product development, hands on head to head validation of solutions. Looking for organizations who want to innovate via disruption, complete their digital transformation and grow via adoption of new technology. Skills leveraged in technology leadership, pre-sales, development, financial services and manufacturing.
- Validate cloud migration, automated cloud provisioning, monitoring and CICD pipeline solutions.
- Develop and deliver drone engineering/operation program for a Technical University.
- Competed using ML/AI in challenges performing image recognition and automated drone flight.
- Lead team in delivery of proof of concepts hosted on hyper/converged infrastructure platforms for leading vendor
- Designed and operated a vendor competition lab to run head to head validations of solutions to determine which provided the most value for the corporation to utilize in production
- Managed the enterprise architecture team that developed the solutions and standards for IT corporate wide
- Designed production datacenter, DR datacenter and vendor POC lab for new corporate campus
- Served as lead implementation architect for WebSphere Portal and supporting content management system
- Served as lead architect for enterprise-wide migration from Vignette to Interwoven
Platforms: AWS, GitHub, Ubuntu, vSphere, OSX, Windows, IOS, Android
Products: MAAS, Landscape, Puppet, UCSD, UCSC, UCSM, vSphere
Tools: Rally, Pivotal Tracker, Slack, MS Project, Visual Studio, Visio, PhotoShop, Premier, Blender
Servers: K8s, Spinnaker, Terraform, Puppet, Git, WebSphere, Apache, IIS, Oracle, LDAP, Active Directory
DC Hardware: CISCO 6k, 5k, 3k, 2k, UCS Compute, Quanta, EMC XIO, VNX and Isilon, HP Compute, IBM X, P
sUAS: DJI Mavic, Phantom, Inspire, Pixhawk, DJI Go4, Litchi, Drone Deploy, Kittyhawk.
2016-Present Travelers – Hartford CT
Sr. Architect – Developer Services and Innovation and Disruptive Services
- Operationalize Ubuntu for use in CICD cloud pipeline.
- Work with LOBs to develop and optimize service offerings hosted in cloud.
- Curate lab and help facilitate POCs on cloud automation, K8s, Dockers, PCF, PKS, OCP and micro services technology.
2016- Present New England Institute of Technology
Professor of Engineering
- Develop and teach school’s new Drone Program in the Electrical Engineering department.
- Developed policy/procedure to operationalize drone use on campus.
- Campus advisor for drone activities and student drone club.
- Inspire Engineering students in the areas of Drones, Robotics, Mechatronics and Programing.
2013 – 2016 VCE – Marlborough, MA
- Design/build out customer DMZ to facilitate remote POCs via the Internet to increase access and reduce travel.
- Consult with customers to demonstrate value proposition of automating cloud provisioning utilizing Converged and Hyperconverged infrastructure solutions.
- Execute detailed POCs for customers on Cloud, Converged and Hyperconverged environments.
2010 – 2013 RBS Citizens of RI – Providence, RI
- Built and operated infrastructure testing lab and executed POCs
- Developed Infrastructure Reference Architecture Solution Patterns.
2007 – 2009 Blue Cross Blue Shield of RI – Providence, RI
Director of Enterprise Architecture (2008 – 2009)
Infrastructure Architect – Enterprise Architecture (2007 – 2008)
- Developed design methodology products to facilitate new technology adoption
- Designed and built out Disaster Recovery Datacenter
- Evaluated and implemented VMWare products that virtualized server and desktop infrastructure
- Conducted proofs of concept (POC) to validate new technology for production environment
2004 – 2007 IBM
2000 – 2002 Infrastructure Architect
- Consulted with companies on WebSphere Portal and content management system implementations
- Transformed previous assessment into actionable roadmap to correct and enhance management system to support future search and personalization to portal environment
- Developed technical response to RFP for Enterprise implementation
- Consulted with client corporate executives to consolidate enterprise governance model, infrastructure and standardize web publishing strategy
2002 – 2004 Fidelity Investments – Boston and Marlborough, MA
1998 – 2000 Director of Architecture – Fidelity eBusiness Retail
Systems Architect – Fidelity eBusiness Institutional
Principal Software Engineer
- Managed team of systems architects and developers to design and build systems to manage content, code and application build process for division, providing backend for flagship and other sites
- Performed lead architect role for upgrade of Vignette v5.0 environment to Vignette v6 platform
- Implemented intrusive messaging system to notify clients’ associates of changing marketing conditions and web content publishing system to improve accuracy and ease of revision
- Upgraded and customized Documentum installation for FIIS style guide and Y2K compliance
1993 – 1998 Brown and Sharpe Manufacturing – North Kingstown, RI
Corporate Network Architect Administrator and Manager
Product Support Engineer/Software Developer
- Co-developed the enterprise software package that calibrates their machines producing a 100X improvement in accuracy.
- Co-developed Patented calibration solution that reduced calibration time by 10X
- Designed and roll-out international IP services for web, email, directory and dns to unify 5 countries.
- Managed day-to-day operations of international development environment.
College: MSIT – NEIT – In Progress
BS – Electrical Engineering; University of North Carolina, Charlotte, North Carolina
Concentration in physics, optics, nanotechnology and precision machine design